The Denver County Court (DCC) is seeking a court interpreter. Duties include:
- Interpret fluently in court proceedings, trials, mediations, hearings, etc for Spanish-language cases, both in person and remotely via various virtual platforms.
- Schedule/coordinate independent contract interpreter coverage.
- Assist with the review and processing of invoices for payment of contract interpreter services.
- Work with the team to ensure cross-training to provide coverage.
- Act as liaison between judicial officers and the DCC Interpreter Office.
- Understand and adhere to Chief Justice Directive 06-03 and the Colorado Code of Ethics.
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC certificate.
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience working in a professional capacity as an interpreter with non-English speaking persons.
- Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License and certifications: Possession of a Colorado Certified Interpreter Credential, Federal Interpreter Certification Credential, or credential that meets the established standards of the state of Colorado at time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
For more information, and to apply, visit City and County of Denver Careers.