NMTIA is a professional association dedicated to serving the needs of all language professionals in New Mexico. We are a non-profit, volunteer-based organization, founded over 30 years ago.
We hold bimonthly meetings, which also usually include an hour of continuing education training for our members. Membership is open to all those interested in the interpreting and translation professions, regardless of the stage in their professional career or certification status. We offer discounted membership to students. We currently have over 100 members. NMTIA has a long track record of working with other organizations to promote Language Access within the State. We are an active collaborator with the Administrative Office of the Courts and we are dedicated to serving the needs of our members each and every day.
- Provides a forum for professional interpreters and translators
- Promotes public awareness of the importance of translation and interpretation in intercultural communications
- Holds bimonthly meetings and occasional social gatherings
- Sponsors workshops and certification examinations
- Sends email updates of professional interest to members
- Publishes a membership directory
- Is an Affiliated Group of the American Translators Association