NMTIA is a professional association dedicated to serving the needs of all language professionals in New Mexico. We are a non-profit, volunteer-based organization, founded over 30 years ago. We hold bimonthly meetings in which we also provide an hour of continuing education training for members. We are dedicated to serving the needs of our members each and every day.
- Online directory listing
- Inclusion in the yearly print directory
- Networking with colleagues at meetings and social events
- Discounted rates on NMTIA training opportunities
- Free continuing education sessions at most member meetings
- Fulfillment of professional organization membership requirement for NM certified court interpreters
Membership is open to any individual with an interested in translation or interpretation and supportive of furthering these professions. There are two types of membership, Active and Student. All members agree by their acceptance of membership to abide by the NMTIA Bylaws and any code of ethics subscribed thereby.
Active member: Any individual actively engaged in translating, interpreting or other closely related work. Membership is in the name of an individual only, and confers no corporate or institutional membership. Yearly dues for active members are $40.
Student member: Any individual engaged in interpretation or translation studies or related fields who wishes to increase his/her skills and knowledge and who is not currently working in the field as a primary professional activity. Yearly dues for student members are $15.