We hold bimonthly meetings, providing an hour of continuing education training for members. Membership is open to all those interested in the interpreting and translation professions, regardless of the stage in their professional career or certification status. We offer discounted membership to students. We currently have over 100 members. NMTIA has a long track record of working with other organizations to promote Language Access within the State. We are an active collaborator with the Administrative Office of the Courts and we are dedicated to serving the needs of our members each and every day.
- Provides a forum for professional interpreters and translators
- Promotes public awareness of the importance of translation and interpretation in intercultural communications
- Holds bimonthly meetings and occasional social gatherings
- Sponsors workshops and certification examinations
- Sends email updates of professional interest to members
- Publishes a membership directory
- Is an Affiliated Group of the American Translators Association
To learn more about becoming a member of NMTIA, click here.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
(click on any board member’s name to email them)
The Board of NMTIA is made up of members who volunteer their time and talents in order to pursue the goals of the Association. Current Board members are:
President: Lisa O’Grady
Vice-President: Lou Ollivier
Treasurer: Uwe Schroeter
Recording Secretary: Available
Corresponding Secretary: Ruth Warner
Members-at-Large: Peter Katel, Melissa Jameson, Oksana Vivchar, Maria Araiza
Want to learn more about the individual duties of NMTIA board members? Click here.